• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SFL vs. Aurora... (5 Viewers)

No I haven't BUT...you are not the first person to mention that book to me. It should be here Monday!
Be sure they don't send "ZenRay and the Art of Binocular Maintenance" by mistake. Customer service is terrible these days.

I read this long ago (it remains on my shelf of yellowed paperbacks) and still remember the mixed feelings I had about it, fascinating but also disturbingly relentless (obsessive?). Being reminded of it, I googled a bit and discovered that postmodernists have adopted it as some kind of precursor in valuing subjective over objective... but I think that's going too far, which of course is their specialty. Pirsig was just rediscovering the (by him?) neglected subjective aspect of life, not trying to annihilate objectivity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back