• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (9 Viewers)

Hey Tim, two more wonderful pieces here, matey. It seems that the lappy is about to challenge the skua as your signature bird. You capture these elegant birds so well. I've been sketching a few Ruff recently and got quite familiar with thir distinct jizz, portrayed just as they are in this pic. That facial expression with the smudged eyeliner is cock-on too.

Lovely

Russ

Cheers folks.
Hey Russ - lapwings are one of my absolute favs, no doubt. Also had a note today via a mate regarding Dave Standring and Mick Turton et al - what a blast from the past!
Here's a re-working of the 'Curious Cousin' piece from upthread. A bit more space in the pic and maybe a stronger right-left flow, I hope?

Attachments

• DSCN7145.JPG
    DSCN7145.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 62
these are always so fresh...do you put the sharpie on before or after the watercolor? is the Sharpie archival or will it fade over time?

Anyway, it’s like the old gag where two hunters are being chased by a tiger, one says “What’s the point running? – you’ll never outrun the tiger”. . . . “I don’t have to”, second chap replies “ I just have to outrun YOU!” . . . . . I’m pretty sure the Sharpie ink will last longer than I will and after that, well – I’ll not be caring all that much, to be honest J

Finally got around to catching up. Astonishingly lovely every single one. Ennion would have been proud, if not a good deal jealous! Absolute mastery.

I agree, these last drawings are really super, especially the waxwings, but I love them all. This is going to be some show... David

Ignoring the 'old thread warning' I'll put these two recent pieces up. I expect Sharpies to be flowing in the weeks to come . . .

Attachments

• hare oik small (640x477).jpg
    hare oik small (640x477).jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 96
  • puffin sharpie small.jpg
    puffin sharpie small.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 90
Ignoring the 'old thread warning' I'll put these two recent pieces up. I expect Sharpies to be flowing in the weeks to come . . .

Id say Eric Ennion had hacked your account if I didnt know better, or just how talented you are. I cant decide between the two, utterly wonderful, both of them. A slice of magic from Orkney. Where all this will lead excites me greatly, your mastering this medium rapidly...

in a league of your own with that sharpie pen...they just blow me away with the fluid lines and aptly descriptive of all that birdyness

They're so cool Tim! The first one made me giggle and the second one is just so expressive........it's got everything....... humour, balance, craftsmanship and the essence of puffinness!

Any exhibitions planned for anywhere in the south of England any time soon?

Too kind, folks - many thanks.
Joanne - Slimbridge sometime later in the year with David Bennett (I think).. . and a piece in the Mall Galleries for the David Shepherd Exhib in late May(?)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back