• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Show Us Your Maven (1 Viewer)

Old thread I know but thought I’d add this to the mix. My semi custom 6x30’s. I say “semi custom” because this colour of armour and trim are listed as “no cost” on Mavens custom page. I like how their stock black is actually a sort of soft charcoal grey.

The only bit I paid extra for was the two orange ocular rings, ten bucks a pop!
Great bins no matter what colour.

IMG_5029.jpeg

These are my 6x30, I really like them, I read some many good reviews about them that I had to have one. I have a friend that bought a pair of B3 8x30, one for his wife and one for him to go to a Safari in Africa after he tried mine. They are awesome.
Is that the Kuiu Vias camo? I'm looking at a B3 6x30 too, and I'd love to get it in Kuiu Valo as i have a harness and togs in that pattern, but I believe that sort of customisation is not available from their EU dealers.

Is that the Kuiu Vias camo? I'm looking at a B3 6x30 too, and I'd love to get it in Kuiu Valo as i have a harness and togs in that pattern, but I believe that sort of customisation is not available from their EU dealers.
Ignatius yes it is a Kuiu Vias Camo, I ordered myself at www.mavenbuilt.com. I was lucky because they had a sale on Christmas that included customization at no cost. I really enjoy my 6x30 B3 Mavens, they are light, easy to use, sharp, stable, large sweet spot and they have 446 ft FOV. ED Glass plus Dielectric coated prisms give these binoculars amazing clarity achieving 94.6 % of light transmission.
I also ordered Rick Young Ultra-light Harness, a pair of clear lens filters, binocular eye shields, the split ring adapter and of course a binocular case. I think Maven does not have distributors, they sell direct, It might be different in Europe. I got mine sent to a Po Box that I have in Florida and they sent it to me to Guatemala.

I asked Maven and they were a bit cagey about ordering a custom bino from a European partner citing mysterious logistical challenges and longer lead times, which are four weeks in the US as well. Plus it would be up to the seller here whether they want to get involved in such an order.
But then they do not do Kuiu Valo camo anyway, so that's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back