• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 300 mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM APO & Nikon D500 compatibility (1 Viewer)

paddyluke

Wales
anyone tried the above combination,if so how did you find it,i've seen a couple for sale and for some reason the sellers say that their sigma 300mm 2.8 will only work with older nikon cameras

Walk away from this lens,the lens needs re-chipping to work with newer cameras.I had one in canon fit though and it was faulty and the parts were not available to fix it.If your still interested in getting one then get the ex dg hsm model.

Walk away from this lens,the lens needs re-chipping to work with newer cameras.I had one in canon fit though and it was faulty and the parts were not available to fix it.If your still interested in getting one then get the ex dg hsm model.
it's this one

Attachments

• sigma.jpg
    sigma.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Older versions or different brand mounts may be different in terms of compatibility, but Nikon seems to work.
I have used the most recent Nikon version on a D300, D750, D800, D850 without any technical issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back