• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small Bluetailed Damselfly? (RSPB Cors Ddyga, Angelsey, Wales) (2 Viewers)

DoghouseRiley

Hi All

Could someone take a quick look at this damselfly?

I see blue on segment 8 and diamond shaped stigma = Ischnure pumilio?

Yours, Gareth

Attachments

• S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 23
I'm not seeing that, just ordinary Blue-tailed.

See photo below of Scarce Bluetail in the New Forest. The complete segment 8 and both the trailing edge and lower half of segment 7 are blue. On Blue-tailed it's the whole of segment 7, so there is a mainly black segment 8 aft of the blue as per your photo.

John

14297639180_aeedc2d0de_o.jpg

I'm not seeing that, just ordinary Blue-tailed.

See photo below of Scarce Bluetail in the New Forest. The complete segment 8 and both the trailing edge and lower half of segment 7 are blue. On Blue-tailed it's the whole of segment 7, so there is a mainly black segment 8 aft of the blue as per your photo.

John

View attachment 1520473
Thanks Farnborough John, Switching between the two pages in Smallshire and Swash. Managed to get them ass about face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back