• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

some info about Tenerife (1 Viewer)

Andrea-Bologna

Hi,
I’d like to know which bird species in Tenerife is considered “naturalized”, ie – if I’m not wrong – is into “Category C” having a self-sustaining populations (definition from this site Species categories - British Ornithologists' Union). So, in other words, species which are valid info a life list.
It ‘d be very nice also to have some tips about where to find them.
Anyway, I’ll tale a look in Ebird too. About web sites which collect sightings, any idea if some other site is worth looking, in addition to Ebird?
I’ll be there in mid November.

Hi,
I’d like to know which bird species in Tenerife is considered “naturalized”, ie – if I’m not wrong – is into “Category C” having a self-sustaining populations (definition from this site Species categories - British Ornithologists' Union). So, in other words, species which are valid info a life list.
It ‘d be very nice also to have some tips about where to find them.
Anyway, I’ll tale a look in Ebird too. About web sites which collect sightings, any idea if some other site is worth looking, in addition to Ebird?
I’ll be there in mid November.
Category C birds in the Canary Islands (CA in the text), as per SEO 2019 list (https://www.seo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ListaAvesdeEspaña2019.pdf , in Spanish but mostly tables with scientific names) are the following: Alectoris barbara, Alectoris rufa, Cairina moschata, Psittacula krameri, Myopsitta monachus and Estrilda astrild

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back