• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

[someone else's record] Common Sandpiper?? | Yokohama, jp 2023/11 (2 Viewers)

HouseCrow

I came across this bird with bright green yellow legs, strong supercilium in the Inaturalist records. I am happy to accept an ID as Common Sandpiper, but can Spotted Sandpiper juvenile be properly ruled out?
Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)

I have been reading quite a bit about the duo, but it never is enough somehow to firm up my knowledge when waders are concerned.

Hope to hear from you,
cheers,
Gerben

Interesting bird...Tail seems very short on the second pic...
I have trouble seeing if the edges of tertials are barred...it seems that the tertials are slightly barred but I don't think the edges are.
On the other hand, I've seen some Common Sands with such yellowish legs and the bird seems to be overall brownish, which is more Common Sand like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back