• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sound Approach Morocco - problem with USB (1 Viewer)

John Cantelo

I'm currently reading this excellent book but when I slot the supplied USB into my computer nothing whatsoever happens. No box or instructions appears and the screen remains unchanged whichever USB slot I use. Yet my other USBs work fine in all of them. Anyone else having a problem?

Hi John. There is no problem with mine. Is it the first time you try it? When I first insert the gadget into any USB slot, there is often, not always, a message appearing asking you to decide How the mass storage device is to be treated. I could not provoke that action now. However, afterwards on my Windows PC, the device is found via the file Explorer.
I also think the intention is that the device should be connected or downloaded to a smartphone, there are interactive booklets described in the ReadMe, but they are dependent of a third-party ePub reader to be downloaded/installed. Pioneer stuff this!

Last edited:
Hi John. There is no problem with mine. Is it the first time you try it? When I first insert the gadget into any USB slot, there is often, not always, a message appearing asking you to decide How the mass storage device is to be treated. I could not provoke that action now. However, afterwards on my Windows PC, the device is found via the file Explorer.
I also think the intention is that the device should be connected or downloaded to a smartphone, there are interactive booklets described in the ReadMe, but they are dependent of a third-party ePub reader to be downloaded/installed. Pioneer stuff this!
Thanks for responding. As it still refused to play I contacted the Sound Approach Team about this and they kindly sent a replacement ... which won't work in any of the four USB slots on my computer either. All of my various other USB devices work perfectly on my computer but not this one. Confusingly, I've found that both work OK when tested on the USB slot in my car.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back