• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SPARROW ID REQUESTED | Bridgehampton NY (2 Viewers)

Apb_birds

United Kingdom
Spotted this sparrow on morning of 27th of September. Thought it a Lincoln’s at first but wondered on whether it could be a Swamp or Song Sparrow? Spotted at Bridgehampton near some reeds very near water at Sagaponack Pond

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1412.jpeg
    IMG_1412.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 35
Thank you, how strong is “think” haha and what would make you hesitate?
I’ve had a few more looks and it seems to fit swamp more then the other two options. The lack of streaking, the buff brown on the underside, the reddish brown wings, the white chin and the whitish greyish throat/upper breast seem good for a swamp for me.

It’s a strong think, just waiting for more opinions from others who have more experience with this species.

I’ve had a few more looks and it seems to fit swamp more then the other two options. The lack of streaking, the buff brown on the underside, the reddish brown wings, the white chin and the whitish greyish throat/upper breast seem good for a swamp for me.

It’s a strong think, just waiting for more opinions from others who have more experience with this species.
Thank you very much for taking the time for explaining, it really helps learning how to ID these species in the future in the field :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back