• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrows @ Hummer House Christoval Tx (1 Viewer)

SanAngelo

Hummer House is a Concho Valley B & B known for it's abundance of hummingbirds as well as bird banding. Over the years, more than 54,000 birds representing 161 species have been banded there. The ranch holds the national longevity records for both Black-chinned Hummingbirds and Painted Buntings.

These shots are from my visit on July 16th.

I don't know what I have....I think it's 3 or 4 different birds.

Attachments

• #1-1.jpg
    #1-1.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 65
  • #1-2.jpg
    #1-2.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 53
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 58
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 62
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
They all look like juvenile Chipping to me. The long tail and large headed structure is perfect for that and wrong for any of the other suggestions.

E-bird indicates that Hummer House is the only place near San Angelo where Chipping Sparrows are recorded in nesting season.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back