• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

St Lucia. A couple of birds seen at Anse Chastanet in St Lucia. (1 Viewer)

Ianmoo

IanMoors
Can you please help identify these 2 birds seen in the grounds of the Anes Chastanet hotel. Not great pics but hope you can help.
Thanks Ian.
I was told one was the Caribbean Elaenia.
Also I did see but no pictures a small swift fly past in the early evening a couple of times any idea what this could be.
and on a balcony overlooking the forest I had a black and yellow/ orangy bird fly past a couple of times I'm pretty sure this was the St Lucia Oriole. it was the size of a blackbird perhaps cant think what else it might be.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1282.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1640.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1642.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 31
To my mind, all five images show house wren.
For swift you need to look at black swift and lesser antillean swift. If this was recently, then the first of these are unlikely to be present.
Niels.

To my mind, all five images show house wren.
For swift you need to look at black swift and lesser antillean swift. If this was recently, then the first of these are unlikely to be present.
Niels.
Thank you for the reply. Taken in the last week. The first 2 images the bird was a lot bigger than a Wren. I did think the other 3 pictures might be a house wren.

1-2. House wren.
3-5. Too fuzzy (no offence) to be sure of much, but consistent with house wren.
Judging the size of a lone bird is notoriously unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back