• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starlings doing there display (1 Viewer)

Starlings doing their display

When I first started going to Moore about 6 -7 years ago, looking for Bitterns from the old hide at the Eastern reedbed, it was always worth hanging around to watch the Starling roost and the Sparrowhawk coming out to pick off dinner ;) Things don't change much.

Last edited:
Fantastic spectacle this afternoon in front of a packed hide - at one point a Sparrowhawk hung about 5 metres above the hide as it surveyed the starling flocks.

Thank you. After replying, I decided I was being far too lazy, so I managed to find the Moore website and Facebook pages myself. Not sure where the hides are at Moore - is it obvious when you get there?

i think if you look round the moore website it has a map see bottom of about moore page on website. but they're not too hard to find either as they're in general by the side of the paths

Last edited:
Starlings doing their display

Very few Starlings roosting at Budworth Mere this evening due to several Sparrowhawks in the area.

CB
A couple of hours at Moore yesterday afternoon mainly to have a look at the Starling roost over the Eastern reedbed. We were not disappointed - there was a good sized group, at least as large as in the original video on this thread, also accompanied by a couple of Sparrowhawks.

Also had brief flight views of one of the Bitterns.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back