• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need help Identifying this call I heard. USA, NH, Milford. (1 Viewer)

InnocentBean

United States
For a few nights now, me and my coworkers have heard this call every time a customer comes through the drive thru. None of us have been able to figure it out nor see the bird in question.

The sound we hear is a constant "ackackack" always in groups of three and it hasn't stopped of hours. it just keeps going all night. I can tell there's more than one bird making noise cause I'll hear a responding "ackackack" midway through the first one.

Sorry I don't have more info. Wish there was a way for me to attach a recording of what I'm hearing.

I wonder if it's a katydid? Groups will often go back and forth with very loud calls in phrases of three ("Ka-ty-did"). It sounds to me like you've described them pretty well.

For a few nights now, me and my coworkers have heard this call every time a customer comes through the drive thru. None of us have been able to figure it out nor see the bird in question.

The sound we hear is a constant "ackackack" always in groups of three and it hasn't stopped of hours. it just keeps going all night. I can tell there's more than one bird making noise cause I'll hear a responding "ackackack" midway through the first one.

Sorry I don't have more info. Wish there was a way for me to attach a recording of what I'm hearing.
If you are recording on a phone then screen record the recording and upload it unlisted to YouTube, then share the link to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back