• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sulawesi information (1 Viewer)

Videoman

Has anyone been to Sulawesi lately? If you have any info about accommodation in smaller villages and towns, or on travel, I would be very interested.

Everywhere on Sulawesi that you are likely to visit on a birding trip with have accommodation of some sort, in the smaller villages probably a basic homestay. If you need info on particular places then let me know.

Cheers, Rob

Thanks Rob

Everywhere on Sulawesi that you are likely to visit on a birding trip with have accommodation of some sort, in the smaller villages probably a basic homestay. If you need info on particular places then let me know.

Cheers, Rob

I am thinking of spending at least 3 weeks, and want to film wildlife, especially birds. Don't know anything about Sulawesi, but it sounds like a good place for me. Would arrive by air, and go where I can find birds to film.
Is it difficult to get around? As far as accommodation is concerned; all I would need is a place to sleep. Would be pleased to get any info you can give me about where to go and stay,how to travel around and the best time of year . Really any and everything!!
Thanks for the help.

Regards. Terry

Thanks Larry.

from post 792 onwards on this trip report thread covers my visit to Sulawesi last year.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=100901&page=32

Includes a visit to Togian Is for the recently discovered Togian White-eye.
Make sure you fit in Lore Lindu and Tangkoko.

Mindblowing birding, and many of the endemics can be seen at just a couple of sites.

Thanks for the help. Have found info on Tangkoko but not yet on Lore Lindu.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back