• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Surrey Vice County Life List (1 Viewer)

Thorpe 01/04/2012

(?) Bean Goose (Anser fabalis rossicus)

This bird has been reported at Thorpe for a while now so off I went to Mill Lane to see it. There were Egyptian, Greylags and Canadas in the field but the Bean was at the back of the field feeding on its own. Hopefully it will move on soon...!!

Attachments

• Thorpe Bean Goose 1.jpg
    Thorpe Bean Goose 1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 43
Beddington Farm 05/04/2012

(-) Kumliens Gull (Larus glaucoides kumlieni)

I finally caught up with this 1st winter bird today along with 2 1st winter Iceland Gulls.

Winkworth Aboretum 13/04/2012

214 European Pied Flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca)

Rowes flashes along from boathouse. This bird had not been seen all morning but was located just as I arrived by Geordie. It gave splendid views for around 20mins then disappeared again.

Attachments

• Winkworth Aboretum Pied Flycatcher 1.jpg
    Winkworth Aboretum Pied Flycatcher 1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 36
Canons Farm 04/05/2012

215 Dotterel (Charadrius morinellus)

15 birds in Heathside field not far from and S/SW from Canons Farmhouse. Thanks to Devil Birder for getting me running again lol! The dots are a couple of the birds only had SLR with me.

Attachments

• Canons Farm Dotterel 1.jpg
    Canons Farm Dotterel 1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 42
Beddington Farm 19/01/2013

216 Merlin (Falco columbarius)

A cast of birders were treated to this brief spectacle. Didn't rate the Mipits chances of survival tho! One more brief appearance then it was located in a tree by Hackbridge BR before flying off towards the SE corner.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back