• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski CL Habicht limited edition. (2 Viewers)

It's pretty but it's not my favorite Swarovski model so I personally wouldn't be interested. I'd be more interested if it were an Ultravid quite honestly... I guess that really IS the only model Swarovski that can be fancied up.

It's pretty but it's not my favorite Swarovski model so I personally wouldn't be interested. I'd be more interested if it were an Ultravid quite honestly... I guess that really IS the only model Swarovski that can be fancied up.
Same here, especially at that price. I’m with you on the leather Leica. Maybe one day we’ll see a leather Noctivid 😁

Is that real leather? Hmmmm, that would be nice. Good to see more options in colors & bino coverings. The $1000 up-charge is a little too rich for my blood. Would be good for someone that only has one pair of binoculars...instead of a collection......

Is that real leather? Hmmmm, that would be nice. Good to see more options in colors & bino coverings. The $1000 up-charge is a little too rich for my blood. Would be good for someone that only has one pair of binoculars...instead of a collection......

Scott,

Yes, that is real leather. If you enlarge the pics Paul posted, I really like that stitching, it's a subtle touch that adds extra visual appeal. For my taste it's a beautiful bin, it even manages to make those FP knobs look good. Love the color combination as well.

I'm no expert but have thought since the new version CL B first came out that it was primarily targeting people who wanted a good all around "one and done" bin as opposed to a collection.

Can't wait for someone to compare / report on whether the leather meaningfully enhances the handling as it does IME with some of the leather (or leatherette) Leica models.

Mike

Leather maybe less protective if/when they fall on the ground… I’ve seen several high end models take unexpected falls…. Unhurt of course.

Peter

I'm simply not having this!

My habicht 8x30 if ga is more exclusive because it's rubber armoured as opposed to the standard leather but now the CL habicht is more exclusive because it's leather armoured instead of the standard rubber!

If I hadn't bought it for the practical purposes of bashing about kayaking I might be slightly vexed. As usual though, if you are thinking of buying one I would recommend Jan, the nomads on the shelf below look real nice too.

"meaningfully enhances the handling", lol. The leather outfit makes it look sexy, it's OK to say that.
Buuuuut seriously folks...

Each of the similar bins below do handle differently. I prefer the feel of the genuine leather, followed by the "leatherette"although the rubber armor is more protective.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Just become a member of the familiy.......

You could ask Henry. He has one (and so do I).....
:):):) I recently watched the German Comedy film ["It's For Your Own Good" (2020)] -- with fathers interfering with their daughter's wedding proposals and plans. This sounds like a good plot to a sequel: only one way to get your limited edition binoculars -- time to join the family.
Jan, post 15,
You forgot to mention that you also supplied me with a Habicht CF 8x30 GA,
Gijs van Ginkel
Everyone has one but me. :cry::cry::cry: That's it. I'm buying another 10x40 Habicht GA and cutting it coronally! On an unrelated note, I will also have two Habicht "monoculars" for sale. :eek:

:):):) I recently watched the German Comedy film ["It's For Your Own Good" (2020)] -- with fathers interfering with their daughter's wedding proposals and plans. This sounds like a good plot to a sequel: only one way to get your limited edition binoculars -- time to join the family.

Everyone has one but me. :cry::cry::cry: That's it. I'm buying another 10x40 Habicht GA and cutting it coronally! On an unrelated note, I will also have two Habicht "monoculars" for sale. :eek:
To be honest, Henry came up with the solution how to make it possible, so we can all blame in on Henry...........

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back