• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swimming Muntjac Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Yes, I saw that. I imagine the scenario involves an out-of-control dog chasing the Muntjac. I hope the little blighter made it to shore somewhere.

John

Not quite as impressive as a seafaring Muntjac, but one time had a Roe Deer swimming across a lake, seemed to be not provoked. A lucky blighter, a White-tailed Eagle was taking a notable interest, circling around overhead having a look.

Roe Deer voke 1.jpg

Not quite as impressive as a seafaring Muntjac, but one time had a Roe Deer swimming across a lake, seemed to be not provoked. A lucky blighter, a White-tailed Eagle was taking a notable interest, circling around overhead having a look.

View attachment 1469537
Red Deer will swim to offshore islands in sea lochs in Scotland on a semi-regular basis, I've seen them do it. Presumably this gives them access to an otherwise unused source of grazing.

John

My local Red Deer jump in and wade/swim across some sandpits. Reminds me of Gnu crossing a river with waiting Crocodiles. So far no Crocodiles have picked them off.

Also seen Roe Deer swimming across a river and, even more impressively across the flooded Ouse Washes.

My garden Muntjac also swim (though lately walk without getting their ankles wet) across our bit of river.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back