• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Telinga Modular parabola - improvement over older Telinga Universal? (1 Viewer)

Hi, new member here but long-time lurker, especially in the bioacoustics arena. I'm a longtime birder and have been recording birdsong for about 10 years. I'm a long-time user of the Telinga Universal parabola 22" folding dish and it's served me well. I'm wondering if anyone has used the new (2022?) Telinga Modular parabola that also has knowledge of the Universal. I'm looking for a comparison of the two, particularly in terms of dealing with wind given the Rycote basket/windjammer that come with the new setup. Curious also about any other general insights about pros/cons of the Modular.

I live in a very windy place (North Dakota USA) and wind-mitigation is high on my mind. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back