• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

[Thailand] Doi Inthanon, 1,070 m, October 23 Seicercus warbler (1 Viewer)

Hello!

Snapped two shots of this Seicercus warbler in Doi Inthanon at precisely 1,070 meters. It seems like there are four Seicercus warblers found on Inthanon: Bianchi's, Alström's, Marten's, and Gray-crowned. Some thing's I'm noticing: unbroken eyering seems to exclude Gray-crowned. Elevation seems to rule out 1760-3100m range of Bianchi's. This leaves me with Marten's and Alström's- Marten's should be slightly higher elevation (1200m+) but it can descend in winter (this was late October). Marten's should also show a bit of a weakening of the eye ring, but I'm not sure if that's evident in the photos.

Thanks for any and all tips!

Cheers,

Andrew

Attachments

• 2E7A6208.JPG
    2E7A6208.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2E7A6209.JPG
    2E7A6209.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 24
When the split first happened, I was told pers com by Craig Robson, that call is the most reliable feature, a single note 'chip' in the case of Grey-crowned as I recall.

Field ID could have advanced in the twenty years since I got that advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back