• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thank You Folks! (1 Viewer)

JMaldaner

United States
Based on considerable reading here I have made a decision to purchase the Hawke Frontier ED X 8x42 binocular for my wife as an anniversary present. I had contemplated several, including their 8x32. But the deciding factor came down to the fact that my wife also likes to identify plants and look at butterflies and such at close range. I think the 8x42 will be great! We’ve never had a pair of quality bins, so I think she will be well pleased. In the price range I can afford, these sure look to be a good value. The anniversary is the end of May. I’ll report back on how she likes them!

I'm so glad our members have been able to help you decide and I'm pretty sure your wife will be pleased with your choice.

I am sure you and your Mrs will love these bins. I also have never had a pair of quality binoculars and when I saw a great deal on a new pair of Hawke frontier ED X I went for them. I went for the 8x32 so yours should be just that little bit better.
Everything about them feel great, from the eye cups rotating out to the focus feel feeling smooth. Give them a little time though. Mine felt a little gritty when using the focus wheel but it settles in. The view out of them is stunning. I still love the brightness and quality of image every time I look through them.
Not only are the bins great quality in image and how they feel but the neck strap is also very comfortable and the carry case is also well designed. Being able to zip it up or use the magnetic clasp for quick opening/closing is really useful. especially with the netted wings that only let it open so wide so the bins don't fall out.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back