• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The 7D has landed!!! (1 Viewer)

Surely any price change is from competition among retailers, nothing to do with Canon. I will be watching with interest! Rob

Yes you’re right Rob,

But different retailers have different buying powers.

There is no doubt that certain people in this world will be unaffected by the recession, they probably don’t know that there is one. Other people will sacrifice other luxuries to buy the latest model whatever the cost.

Terry right as well about the Internet, there will be a price disparity around the World. This camera should be cheaper in the USA.

BUT;

People are just not buying mid-expensive ranged photographic equipment in the required volumes in this downturn.

If Paul’s supplier sets the £1400 price tag, then the stampede will begin and Canon will not be able to make enough to fulfil the orders. £300 off blows everybody out the water.

I’m a great advocate for the simple RRP, it steadies the market and limits competition to a realistic level.

I notice that Mr Galbraith doesn't seem too impressed with the Zone AF at least not when pointed at a hound and is it me or does the gull shot seem very noisy for iso400?

Its a bad image for a bird sitting on a rock, and it says its had DPP noise reduction already ? and the lens cost £9000

I notice that Mr Galbraith doesn't seem too impressed with the Zone AF at least not when pointed at a hound and is it me or does the gull shot seem very noisy for iso400?

it does and if thats 400iso its not looking good to me, has to be a mistake.
Rob

I think it's about time Nikon made a 100-400 VR...

I think Canon may find even more deserting them if this were the case - I for one would...

8fps on a reasonably priced camera is what I've been waiting for, for shooting sports horses with - oh, that's been available for a while - it's the D300 with a grip. They've also just brought out a nice new 70-200 2.8 VR as well for that very purpose.

Over to you Nikon...

I think it's about time Nikon made a 100-400 VR...

I think Canon may find even more deserting them if this were the case - I for one would...

8fps on a reasonably priced camera is what I've been waiting for, for shooting sports horses with - oh, that's been available for a while - it's the D300 with a grip. They've also just brought out a nice new 70-200 2.8 VR as well for that very purpose.

Over to you Nikon...

Well, the Nikkor 80-400 VR is already there! Of course it doesn't have AF-S or FTM (or the general build quality of the EF1-4), so it's due for an update sure enough. I just cannot see that happening in the near future as it seems to me that the "mid-range big guns" aren't exactly Nikon's priority.

Thomas

it does and if thats 400iso its not looking good to me, has to be a mistake.
Rob

Well iv had a look and some other samples and im happy enough with the IQ at 400 and below,very rare i go above 400 to be concerned
So iv ordered one :)
the 7d is more for my static type shots so again not to worried about bif although im sure it will be ok .
Rob.

For those interested here is video from the 7D
http://vimeo.com/6487566

Pretty darn good, just very slight jitter, I suppose because it was shot 24 frames, and they used a selection of lenses, thats the great part of having a video on the your DSLR you can use what ever lens you like for effect, you cant do that with a video camera unless you have mega bucks.

Brilliant I would just buy it for video, and of cause everything else it has on it.

Just got to sit and wait for the price to go down :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back