• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Magellanic Penguin and the old man (3 Viewers)

Nice story, but you need to edit the video - this 'single' penguin is at least several different individuals during the course of the video, including two additional species.

Last edited:
On virtually all forums I have seen this sort of thing. Didn’t think a bird forum would have it. Who cares.
What you should do is post something of interest yourself. Give it a try.

On virtually all forums I have seen this sort of thing. Didn’t think a bird forum would have it. Who cares.
What you should do is post something of interest yourself. Give it a try.
This sort of thing? Apologies if offended, I was simply pointing out that for a story about a single Magellanic Penguin, you have accidentally used images of other species. My post was merely suggesting you may wish to edit.

Who cares. I just send posts about stuff for people's interest.
To pick the video in question to pieces to become some forum hero doesn't mean much to me.
The video was probably filmed by the old guy's granddaughter or someone. She didn't think it would be surgically dissected by a forum hot shot. She just wanted to show Grandad and his penguin. So it was embellished, and some license used. Get over it!

Last edited:
Well if there's a miseryboots on this thread I wonder who it is ... ;)

All people are different, some care about different things. The internet is full of random dross and inaccuracies. At the end of the day a lot of it doesn't matter, but doesn't mean everything shouldn't be as good as it can be, or aspire to be that way.

But life is too short at the end of the day.

Keep on smiling ... ;)

Who cares. I just send posts about stuff for people's interest.
To pick the video in question to pieces to become some forum hero doesn't mean much to me.
The video was probably filmed by the old guy's granddaughter or someone. She didn't think it would be surgically dissected by a forum hot shot. She just wanted to show Grandad and his penguin. So it was embellished, and some license used. Get over it!
Maybe know your audience if you didn't expect expect it to be pulled apart on BF :) , such clickbait BS that probably never happened is usually better received on Facebook or instagram where you will get plenty of likes!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back