• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Way We Went Wild (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

New Series starting BBC 2 Sunday 13 June at 8.00 pm "Bill Oddie and Johnny Morris are featured in this look at the UK's best natural history presenters."
1 of 3 programmes.

May be interesting.

Ann Chaplin

Just noticed this in the tv guide and was going to post a notice but you got there before me Ann!

Does our Euan know??? QUICK...someone send him a message!!!

Tonght's does look good...according to this month's BBC Wildlife it should have been starting NEXT week on the 20th!!! Other naturalists featured include Peter Scott, David Attenborough and (mysteriously,as they are all rather newcomers to the scene!) Saba Douglas-Hamilton, Charlotte Uhlenbrook and (?????) Steve Leonard. Mmm, not too sure about that last one...the guy is a VET for crying out loud and whilst his programmes were ok I'm sure there could have been quite a few other 'real' naturalists that the producers could have used!!!

GILL

Too true Gill, what about that guy last week on Britain goes Wild. the brickie with the Stoats, normal bloke, not boring and with a real passion for what he's doing, and actually 'knows' his subject.

Sorry Gill forgot to tell Euan.

I enjoyed the programme for what it was a look back in time, shows my age I had forgotten the Hot Chestnut Man. I wonder what Bill Oddie does for a living while they are trying to find suitable material for him. Sorry I like him but he is not a patch on Peter Scott, David Attenborough etc. and I agree with you about Steve Leonard, I think they use him as a bit of a heart throb to attract younger female viewers.

I am looking forward to next week's programme, Peter Scott (he got me interested in birds) and David Attenborough, there will never be another good enough to follow him, his enthusiasm is contagious and he really studies his subjects.

Ann Chaplin

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back