• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Yellow Rumped Warblers (1 Viewer)

Are here in St. Louis, MO.

More should be coming this week, as well as the other warblers.

Does anybody know how to include a picture next to my name like everybody else does?

Thanks-

Cheers,

Chris

put your cursor over the forums in white on the red bar at the top of the page. Select User Options from the drop down menu.... then avatar from the list of headings that appear 1/3 of the way down that page. You need to havean 80x80 pixell picture to upload

I wish I was back in St. Louis instead of up here in Kirksville! Hopefully we'll start seeing those warblers here soon...Do they make it here? This is the first spring I've really been paying attention to birds...

Hi Lassa,

Yes, you will do - they breed in Canada and pass through the whole of the US on migration. I'd guess if they're already in St Louis, you should be getting them fairly soon. It can't be more than a day or two's flying distance.

Michael

We have the yellow-rumped warblers here all winter. In local parks, they can be the most numerous species during the fall through early spring. As much as I love them, it can be frustrating when it seems like, every time I bring the binoculars up to my eyes, I see one of those little butter-butts.

columbidae said:
We have the yellow-rumped warblers here all winter. In local parks, they can be the most numerous species during the fall through early spring. As much as I love them, it can be frustrating when it seems like, every time I bring the binoculars up to my eyes, I see one of those little butter-butts.

Here in Montgomery County, MD(USA), they are present in small numbers throughout the winter in woodland areas. But in migration they are abundant.

Today I went for a short birding walk before work and the woodlands along the Potomac River were thick with migrating butter-butts. It seemed that you could point your binoculars in almost any direction and you were bound to see at least one of them.

Dalcio

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back