• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thrush? ID please. North London, UK (1 Viewer)

fredex

United Kingdom
please help ID these birds.

1) no idea.
2) thrush i think. song or mistle?
3) quite sure it is a grey wagtail.

thanks for your help.

Attachments

• bird1.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 118
  • bird2.jpg
    bird2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 117
  • bird3.jpg
    bird3.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 118
Ring Ouzel? That's a new one for me. Then again, bar the common garden variety of birds, I haven't got a clue about 99% of all birds! :D

Sangahyando - thanks for ID-ing the birds.

I agree, that Ring Ouzels can be hard to find during migration. They are mostly quite shy and vary, hide in shelter and often fly away over large distance after beeing disturbed.
One important thing to find one is to know their distinctive call, that often reveal the presence of a Ring Ouzel, that would otherwise got missed.
I dont know about the situation elswhere, but there are known stop-over sites in Germany, where Ring Ouzels can be seen with some regularity during times of migration.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back