• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trimpley Reservoir . (1 Viewer)

jada dulo

Mr.VP!!!
I have only been once but I can highly recommend this site , especially if you have never been ( avoid hot summer weekend's I'm reliably informed , it can get very busy ).
We went on report's of a Firecrest by the pumping station , a good early year tick to get ! Plenty of Goldcrest and Coal Tit but nothing much else ( heard what sounded very much like Lesser spot but didn't see it ).
Returned to the car somewhat dejected only to look up into the larch tree's just beyond the picnic area and be rewarded with 8 Crossbill !!!
Great place , go , now !! trust me ;) .

The firecrest by the pumping station, eh - sounds like it was ready for a 999 call, jada! Sounds like a fine place to visit - I haven't seen firecrest or crossbill in years...

Last edited:
You ought to have done the tour around the other side as well. The mighty river severn runs there, scene of some of my best fishing moments. The other side of the river is the Wyre Forest and that can be an exceptional place to go and one of its star birds is the Dipper, of which 3 were reported the other day.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back