• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod to bino adapter for standard tripod head with 3/8-16 stud (1 Viewer)

Elkhornsun

United States
All the bino adapters I have found for use with a tripod have a hole for a 1/4" stud and all my tripods have the standard 3/8-16 mounting studs. I cannot use an adapter and have a stable mounting for the adapter. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Do your tripods not have reversible screws on them? Many do. You may need to loosen an Allen bolt to allow the canopy plate to be rotated to release the screw.

Otherwise, there is this:

There's no point in attaching a bino adapter directly to a tripod because it would not allow any movement.
All ball heads and the QR plates on video heads have provision for a 1/4"x20 fixing screw.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back