• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK Lark Ascending Project Participation (1 Viewer)

Betsy Middleton

England
Hi all -

I am looking for people who are involved in contributing recordings to the Lark Ascending project this year. The project is run in collaboration with the British Library Wildlife and Environment Sounds Archive, the Ralph Vaughan Williams Society, and the Wildlife Sounds Recording Society (I have posted a press release about it below).

I involves a series of recording weekends, the last of which is next week, in which people are encouraged to record and submit recordings of skylark song to add to a special archive of skylark sounds which will be used for artistic compositions, scientific research, and conservation efforts to raise awareness of the sharp decline in skylark numbers in the UK.

I am an MA student writing my dissertation on the value of birdsong recording and art/science collaborations for conservation efforts. I am looking for people taking part in the Lark Ascending project who would be open to talking about their experience and motivation.

If this is you - please contact me!

My email is [email protected] and I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back