• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown from Poland (2 Viewers)

JayFeatherPL

Poland
North-eastern Poland, Biebrza National Park, the first two recordings were made on 5th April in the afternoon in a glade at the forest (there were woodcocks flying overhead) near a road, and the other two on 6th of April at about 6 am on a path near a big marsh. Is it a mistle thrush singing in all these recordings or maybe it is a blackbird singing in some/all of the recordings?

Attachments

• Paszkot?.MP3
    764.8 KB
  • Paszkot??.MP3
    441.1 KB
  • Paszkot Barwik?.MP3
    414.2 KB
  • Paszkot Barwik 2.MP3
    435 KB
1. Sounds like mistle thrush.
The rest sound like blackbird.
Mistle thrushes commonly sing from the tops of trees and are thus often easy to find/see.

1. Sounds like mistle thrush.
The rest sound like blackbird.
Mistle thrushes commonly sing from the tops of trees and are thus often easy to find/see.
Is it really easy to see a mistle thrush or any other bird sitting on the top of a tree when I'm on the ground and the sky is covered by leaves? I don't think so. In my opinion it is better and more satisfying to ID the bird by its song, not the appearance.

...or it was general help on how to see, and thus identify, a bird which one hears and suspects to be a mistle thrush. Regardless of whether one finds it more satisfying to ID a bird by its song, it's most often safest to identify it by sight. In my opinion.

North-eastern Poland, Biebrza National Park, the first two recordings were made on 5th April in the afternoon in a glade at the forest (there were woodcocks flying overhead) near a road, and the other two on 6th of April at about 6 am on a path near a big marsh. Is it a mistle thrush singing in all these recordings or maybe it is a blackbird singing in some/all of the recordings?

Number 2: Blackbird.

Number 3: Mistle Thrush. You can hear the shorter phrases and difference in tone.

Number 4: Mistle Thrush. As above.

Number 1: The most difficult to tell. 'Think it's a Mistle Thrush either at a distance or singing in a Polish accent. The short phrases suggest it probably is and I can't think what else it could be, but it's not as easy to tell as the other three songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back