• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vagrancy of Siberian vs Tibetan Sand Plovers - anyone knows which? (2 Viewers)

I will contact DB after the New Year’s Eve madness. Thanks for the support you have given him today. His work deserves a world wide wader audience.

Last edited:
The paper from Poland is pretty clear on the bird from 2005-6. They also mention an older observation in 1977 (while our Opus page mentions 1969) - any knowledge of split-species of those?
Niels
Tibetan as well

Attachments

• 20231231_202722.jpg
    20231231_202722.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Sorry, given that I don’t know your name, I assumed these were your own. Is Dave a member? Or could you talk him into becoming one?
Niels
Yes, Niels. His Username is Dave B

I can't remember him posting in the Gallery for a while now. Perhaps if he works mainly with videos and we couldn't really process them properly on the old platform he just posted to You Tube. He maybe doesn't know that they can now be embedded in the Gallery since we moved in 2020?

I still remember his wonderful Sandpiper Stilt picture that cycles through the different moulting stages: Curlew Sandpiper adult

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back