• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vax passport requirement? (1 Viewer)

I just came back from Ecuador, and no one ever asked for vaccination status either leaving or entering the country. Hell, no one even bothered to enforce the mask rule, which online sources say is required for the airport.

I don't foresee that situation changing, short of a new pandemic, in which case it probably wouldn't be advisable to travel anyway.
Why would it be not advisable to do something you just did, specially when the conditions are the same?

ps: there is no such thing as 'immunization'. Even vaccined people can get covid. And people who got covid are more resistent, but can still get covid again. I personally wouldn't bother with the WHO brewing up something, I don't think anything will get implemented worldwide anytime soon.

There is, but it doesn't mean "being (100%) immune" as is often implied/misunderstood. It's simply the process of fortifying the immune system through exposure (to the pathogen itself or some derivative, like a vaccine).

Either way, the OP is unlikely to face any restrictions anywhere.

Why would it be not advisable to do something you just did, specially when the conditions are the same?
I said if a NEW pandemic happens. Like an entirely new highly infectious/dangerous pathogen appears. I absolutely would NOT travel if some new super flu as contagious and as potentially dangerous as COVID 19 were to show up. I'm vaccinated against COVID-19 and cases have been relatively low over the last year, so I had no qualms with international travel.

There is, but it doesn't mean "being (100%) immune" as is often implied/misunderstood. It's simply the process of fortifying the immune system through exposure (to the pathogen itself or some derivative, like a vaccine).

I should have added "100%" (immunization) with regards to COVID 19. Semantics.

Oh my , another Chyna virus, super flu or whatever. Then we’ll get another vaccine that they tell us it will prevent the disease and spread , then change that to , it may not prevent the disease but it will lesson the symptoms if you get it , then changed to, it may not prevent the spread. It’s called science.

I can’t speak for international flights, but in the last six months I’ve taken a half a dozen domestic flights in the US and no mask requirements ,hardly anybody is wearing a mask and not even TSA personnel. Nobody is checking temperatures anymore , which was a lot of nonsense to begin with, but they still have the dogs sniffers and the radiation machines you walk through. I’ve always felt a little violated by getting sniffed by the dog and the always enjoyable experience of getting a little dose of radiation.

My wife and daugher have both just had Chicken pox despite them both being vaccinated.

I said if a NEW pandemic happens. Like an entirely new highly infectious/dangerous pathogen appears. I absolutely would NOT travel if some new super flu as contagious and as potentially dangerous as COVID 19 were to show up. I'm vaccinated against COVID-19 and cases have been relatively low over the last year, so I had no qualms with international travel.
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but as a previously, very fit person, (as a man in his sixties, I could still row 2000m in under 9 mins, try it!) I developed heart failure from nowhere having had four shots of the Covid vaccine.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but as a previously, very fit person, (as a man in his sixties, I could still row 2000m in under 9 mins, try it!) I developed heart failure from nowhere having had four shots of the Covid vaccine.
But I thought your conditions were established to be long-term undiagnosed suddenly becoming symptomatic rather than of recent origin? I mean lets face it, most heart-attack survivors will tell you they didn't see it coming, whatever shape they were in.

BTW would you happen to know whether, before after or between COVID vaccine doses, you ever contracted COVID?

John

But I thought your conditions were established to be long-term undiagnosed suddenly becoming symptomatic rather than of recent origin? I mean lets face it, most heart-attack survivors will tell you they didn't see it coming, whatever shape they were in.

BTW would you happen to know whether, before after or between COVID vaccine doses, you ever contracted COVID?

John
Potentially 'long term' but within the period during which I was vaccinated, they don't really know.

Neither myself or any of my family have had covid afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back