• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vultures i think ? (1 Viewer)

Knight

Took this photo last week guess these fellows were warm or they were catching some ray`s :)

Picture was taken near route 148 Bryson Quebec.

Attachments

• SunVultures.jpg
    SunVultures.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 241
Theres over 20 in this photo but there was about 50 of them before i got to close and they started flying off hehe. Photo is poor quality wise it was a hot hazy day.
Dont think they are native birds , i think the Quebec gov brought them in to clean off the highways about 10 to 15 maybe 20 years ago .

Amazing. How many things must die every day to sustain all these vultures?
Maybe not that many, apart from carrion, they do hunt themselves (small animals, birds). I also remember from a trip to Venezuela that they were partial to rubbish tips.

I have never seen so many Vultures as i have this summer, its crazy around here there all over the place . I can count a couple of dozens every day .

I have a picture here that took yesterday with a couple of Vulture surounding a bird of prey of some kind .They were only a few feet from him . Im sorry for the bad photo im just learning this camera . They were moving away because they saw me .

ps I have a telephoto lens on order i should get it next week so my distant photos should improve in quality.

Attachments

• 100_0949crop.jpg
    100_0949crop.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
That is an interesting looking raptor with the Turkey Vultures. Perhaps a Red-tailed Hawk or maybe even a Northern Goshawk. I cannot really make it out. I do not think it is a Ferruginous Hawk (as the leg feathering looks to be white and not brown).

I think its a Red tailed Hawk , i just rememberd that i took a photo of one about 1 km from the vulture one last spring.

Attachments

• WebHawk.jpg
    WebHawk.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 109
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back