• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wader ID. Kiruna. N. Sweden today. (1 Viewer)

I am going to say too distant and poor quality to ID.

What is real and what is artifice is impossible to tell.

On the face of it, there are very few waders with a double breast band beneath a white throat. This suggests it is not right rather than a Killdeer!

Hello Surfan,

I totally agree with Muppit, but you know I like quiz-modus.

Do you have more pictures, that could turn this one into an IDable Red Phalarope?

I was hoping for Turnstone, but very rare here. I fix some more photos. But they are about 300 m away.

I will try to produce some more photos, but hard it is. Long distance.
I was hoping that this photo was a small section of a larger one, where it might be possible to see something else in the photo (preferably another bird) to give a sense of scale to the bird that you are hoping to identify.
If it is possible to show a less cropped version (the full uncropped photo may be too large to upload here), then that should work ok.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back