• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler ID - BC Canada (1 Viewer)

benoitjh

Canada
Hello, looking to confirm id on this bird as Tennessee Warbler. Shrubby area around a pond, located in lower central BC.
I believe all three pictures to be of the same bird.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 57
I suspect these are three different birds.
Tennessee warbler has contrasting whitish vent/undertail-coverts. So... not sure about excluding Tennessee warbler in pic 1, but the others must be orange-crowned warbler.

Having given a thumbs-up to Butty's comments, I will add that I suspect the first bird is a Tennessee - the back looks the right shade of green, contrasting with the gray crown, and the relatively strongly marked face - but I would not call it without a look at the under-tail coverts.

Hello, looking to confirm id on this bird as Tennessee Warbler. Shrubby area around a pond, located in lower central BC.
I believe all three pictures to be of the same bird.

Thanks

Added another image that does show the back end a bit more....I leant toward Tennessee due to the stronger eye-line, however I guess the yellow under the tail is more Orange Crowned. It is possible they are two different birds so possibly one of each?

Attachments

• IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I did say above that I suspect the first group are three different birds.
The bird in the new photo is an orange-crowned warbler (undertail-covert colour).

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back