• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Was looking for birding in Singapore, landed here (2 Viewers)

ssaibal

United States
Hi,
As the title of the thread says, that is how I found this forum and registered immediately. I am a retired electrical engineer and now I spend my time traveling, photographing and birding along with my wife, who is still working remotely during our travels. Our home is in San Francisco, California, though both of us were born and grew up in India. Now, while our house is getting remodeled, we have been on the road living in different countries for the last seven months and maybe for another year or more (construction projects on time?).

We are starting our Asia travels in the 3rd week of July starting with a week in Singapore, a month each in Kuala Lumpur, Bali, Hanoi, and Kyoto. While in central and south America (Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia and Panama), I found local birding guides thru Instagram and local contacts and all of them have exceeded our expectations. I haven't performed that search for Asia as yet, but maybe this forum can suggest some to me. Appreciate any pointers.

Based on my readings, I was thinking of Pulau Ubin, MacRitchie Reservoir, Botanic Gardens, Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. We will be staying in a hotel on Orchard and so thought we could reach some of these places very early in the morning to beat the heat/humidity.

Thanks in advance,
Saibal Sen.

Hi Saibal and a warm welcome to you on behalf of all the Staff and Moderators. You could try asking in our Information Wanted forum: Information Wanted

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope we may be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hello, Hola, everyone! Thanks for the welcome messages. Thank you for taking your time to do that. I find that very welcoming and kind!

I will post on the other forum as recommended. And will be happy to share some of my highly amateurish photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back