• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weaver in Bangkok this very morning (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

I spotted a weaver today and the only ID i could come up with is the Asian Golden Weaver. My bird books drive me crazy, I have a couple of different books and the males are quite easy to recognize in all of them. But the females are going from light brown to almost black in my different books.

My favourite book is the "Birds of Thailand" the female Asian Golden Weaver have a light brown head and plain belly. Baya is also plain but have some patterns, the streaked is not considered for obvious reason.

But my bird have almost orange head and whitish belly so now I think it might be a young bird. I have seen a lot of young birds today just abandoned by their parents and foraging by themself. Three baby Asian Koels the size of the adults but still black with white spots and very clumsy and I enjoyed watching them.

So it maybe a young weaver?

And just to avoid making a tit out of myself on eBird, the last picture, is this a chestnut-headed Bee-eater, I have ID the young bird as the Chestnut-headed. Never been reported before so I want to be 100% sure.

Kind Regards and Happy Birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 1328.jpg
    1328.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1329.jpg
    1329.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 1330.jpg
    1330.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 31