• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (1 Viewer)

Well, I got painting, even though I should be preparing a lesson for tomorrow (and having an early night, the seven o'clock starts begin again tomorrow :C)
Thinking of putting all the resting mallards together for a composition, but for now I have to find a fun and pedagogical way of repeating 'My name is' for 45 minutes.

Attachments

• colverts 002.jpg
    colverts 002.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 93
An absolutely joyous image - torpedoing ducks whirring through each other's wake. Life, action and totally true - it's a horrible block you're having to endure ;)
wonderful.

An absolutely joyous image - torpedoing ducks whirring through each other's wake. Life, action and totally true - it's a horrible block you're having to endure ;)
wonderful.

I'm hoping this one means the block is over, got some black storks to be painting this week and I want it to be a good one.

Nice to see your artists block inspiring soo much great work while i have been away. Sketches are tremendous. Bathing Mallards are a bit special by the way...

What should I say now Nick?
All the previous Posts cover my opinion and feelings!
Mallards are always worth to sketch and very challenging subject!

spizaetos

A coffee and a patisserie were enlivened by the presence of some house sparrows today (don't know why I'm talking like a news report, but here's some sketches with what I had available.)

Attachments

• sparrows 002.jpg
    sparrows 002.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 64
Ha ! Excellent drawing and very funny intro -
Oh, How we speak in these hallow'd corridors of learn'd expressionism! (sounds like b011ocks to me, too! ;) )

Yes, I agree, it sounds like bo11ocks, who would believe that in real life I speak with a strong Wolverhampton accent with occasional Welsh lilt and French sentence structure. Time for bed! Good night all, nos da, bonne nuit.

Hi Nick,

you show beautiful stuff here, there are a lot of nice sketches and watercolours, very fresh and full of live.
Do you manipulate your fotographed paintings or sketches on your PC? I noticed that the white of your paintings is not the real paper white. It's somehow dull. I made some adjustments with Photoshop. I just increased the contrast, are the attached files closer to the originals?

The best way for reproducing a painting is to use RAW (if the digicam support it).

neophron

Attachments

• colverts-002.jpg
    colverts-002.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF3603.jpg
    DSCF3603.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
  • morepics-007.jpg
    morepics-007.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 73
  • white-wags.jpg
    white-wags.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Thanks neophron, yes these are much closer to what they look like in real life. My problem is that my flat is quite dingy (ecologically awful as I have to work with the lights on in the afternoon) - so photographing the paintings is very difficult. I've only manipulated two of the pictures I've posted, the choughs (I used paint to remove a shine off the acrylic) and that kingfisher that I didn't like had the contrast changed. I'll have to become a little more computer literate as you've got some great results on these adjustments.

A little bit of painting, felt like doing acrylic. The sky is done, and now I just have to trace some black storks onto the paper and paint them in. But first beer and rugby beckon - a rugby match?! I hardly know myself anymore (well, the beer part sounds familiar!)

Attachments

• cigognesnoires 001.jpg
    cigognesnoires 001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 66
  • cigognesnoires 002.jpg
    cigognesnoires 002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 63
  • cigognesnoires 003.jpg
    cigognesnoires 003.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 57
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back