• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (1 Viewer)

Apodemus - the Chamois is something like 1m20 x 80cm or thereabouts.

So today have been painting over pictures that I'd grown tired of! Why oh why can't acrylic cooperate with the camera?????:-C

Attachments

• someredos 002.jpg
    someredos 002.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 77
  • someredos 003.jpg
    someredos 003.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 78
  • someredos 004.jpg
    someredos 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 83
The woody is a masterful composition, I wish I were half as brave as you! It looks like a mix of Michael Warren an Paul Bartlett, extraordinary stuff! The grebes are just as I would imagine Monet to paint them. You are constantly full of surprises Nick, all good ones at that!

Mike

Getting things ready for the exhibition in the shop today- last week we went to Ikea in Dijon (my first time driving on the motorway - bloody door flew open on the feeder lane - eek) to get some frames, can't afford to get professional framing at the moment as all my students have gone on holiday and so I don't get paid. They're not bad frames really, they look good at least, trouble is the sizes they come in don't fit any of the paintings I was going to show - so now I've got to paint things to go in them!!! Here's the first one, a Stonechat from this spring - rubicola a bit more clean cut and easier to collage than my dear Welsh torquata

Attachments

• someredos.jpg
    someredos.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 79
just put it in a frame - grrr full of dust and oil pastel crumbs somewhere on the table!!!!!!!! will have to clean up a bit I think.

A lot to catch up on! Back to the egret/Heron piece, just wonderful, comp is superb The Chamois sketches stand out for me, superb execution of form and no suprise they lad to suce a fantastic painting at all....great to see some mammals being worked up!
The Stonechat is a little wonder. great littlee piece, lovely and bright. Looks deceptively simple this, but threin lies your talent to make it look almost easy...
Those Black Necks I remember so well, love it still, please dont work this to death, the monet compasisons are far from lost on me Nick.

another one done - love playing around with paint and collage.

Attachments

• someredos 009.jpg
    someredos 009.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 73
had to change the wing a little - really should check references before starting a painting!!

Attachments

• someredos.jpg
    someredos.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 67
All first class as per! The wall creeper is stunning and the woodpecker , Try not to
use the flash Nick and sorry if this seems obvious and you could not avoid it.
I try and take all my shots in daylight if i can. Fabulous work though.

All first class as per! The wall creeper is stunning and the woodpecker , Try not to
use the flash Nick and sorry if this seems obvious and you could not avoid it.
I try and take all my shots in daylight if i can. Fabulous work though.

Thanks - it's really difficult to get photos done as my flat is in constant shadow - town centre, ground floor - no sunlight penetrates. I suppose I should take them to a friend's house - she lives in the roof with a big skylight!

Working on some canvases now, had to glue paper over them to hide all the ugly staples round the edges, now my arm is covered in glue and it's more painful than waxing to pick it off! Got to let it all dry now so nothing to post, but I think we'll be going for a green woodpecker, a peregrine and something orange. :smoke:B :)

On the subject of digi-piccing art - I use the close-up function (a flower or whatever symbol) this allows nice focusing and doesn't activate the flash function. Sooooo - all you need to do is keep your hands really still - no vodka shakes or nicotine rushes! (oh, and no flurescent lighting - no, no).

Brilliant Wallcreeper- you have done gorgeous doings with the crown nape and mantle.
As the saying goes- 'It goes without saying' - but that's no excuse for not saying and I did forget to say the obvious. . . 'Brilliant wallcreeper!'
Is this latest batch 'just' to fill some recently acquired frames? Have you got your SWLA entries organised yet? and - when's this next one-manner?

As the saying goes- 'It goes without saying' - but that's no excuse for not saying and I did forget to say the obvious. . . 'Brilliant wallcreeper!'
Is this latest batch 'just' to fill some recently acquired frames? Have you got your SWLA entries organised yet? and - when's this next one-manner?

Yes, these lot are 'just' fillers. But I'm feeling a lot more freedom with them, not getting so bogged down in trying to capture a moment seen, rather just playing around with colours and textures etc - the opening is the first week in November, closing the New Year.

SWLA entries are at the framers now - I've gone off the flying wallcreepers now though, so damn fickle I am! Oh well - it'll go along with the rest and we'll see what happens. How are you getting along with your entries - you did say you were entering this year didn't you?

Paint should be dry on my Green woodpecker - I think I'll go and have a look and then pop back!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back