• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird makes this call? Eucalyptus forest, Nerang, Queensland, Australia (1 Viewer)

nyoman

I often hear this bird call every evening when it's getting dark, at Nerang National Park, Queensland, Australia. What bird that makes this call? Please help me to identify it, thanks so much in advance. A sound file is attached. Sorry it's not very loud, as I recorded it from a distance.

Date and time: 5 November 2021, 18:48

Attachments

• Bird-Nerang-QLD_2021_11_07_10_14_38_197_2021_11_07_10_15_29_972.mp3
    168.4 KB
Last edited:
I often hear this bird call every evening when it's getting dark, at Nerang National Park, Queensland, Australia. What bird that makes this call? Please help me to identify it, thanks so much in advance. A sound file is attached. Sorry it's not very loud, as I recorded it from a distance.

Date and time: 5 November 2021, 18:48
Ok, after painstakingly looking at the birds list of Nerang National Park and matching it to the Australian Bird Sounds app, I finally found the bird:

White-throated nightjar.

I read that this bird likes to lay eggs on piles of dry leaves on the forest floor, at the top of hills... and that's where exactly I heard the birds... At the top of the hill.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back