• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what the... photos from the web of not-Baer´s pochards- location unknown (1 Viewer)

Joern Lehmhus

any ideas what this is supposed to be?

Thanks! AI generated was my thought, but I never had encountered that before for birds- therefore I had to ask....
Interesting how much they got wrong for Paer´s pochard...

Found the time to check more birds ...Seems all AI-generated with many mistakes and errors concernig the appearance of the birds (don't look at the Bar-headed Goose, it is a tragedy)

And this is the mighty Nepalese Pallid Harrier, the only harrier in the world with 6 emarginated primaries 😵‍💫

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 22
Bar-headed Goose is a cross between a plane and birds more or less, it seems.
Since it shows such off 'photos' it gets almost cute...but not quite.

And weird in a dr frankenstein kinda way....

cheers,
G

@Butty - my 'are you sure?' was an 'in the way of a rhetorical question' or something hoping to elicit some reasoning or find out what made you think thus ... (or suspect thus) ... or at least go a little further with it ;-)

(As an aside, it's also hard to quote a quote on here!)

There was an interesting article I saw the other day, which I was going to post on RF about AI (still might do) -

With an also-interesting AI quiz -

(I don't know if international members on here can view the above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back