• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Turtle-Dove? Iran, Khuzestan, Oct. 2023 (1 Viewer)

Pedrambirder

Iran
Hi all,
This one looked different from typical European Turtle-Doves I oserved before, so I thought it might be an Oriental.
Nice to have your ideas.
Fyi: The original shots were not in good light conditions, so I changed the shadow and exposure by LR.

Attachments

• IMG_20231023_162900.jpg
    IMG_20231023_162900.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • DSCN1027.jpg
    DSCN1027.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN1029.jpg
    DSCN1029.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 90
Agree looks better for Oriental. did you see the colour of the outer tail feathers?
Thanks,
No, actually I was checking the area with binoculars and saw something moved on a cliff, so far from where I was standing, so I took these few shots, curious to find what was sitting there alone. It's Silhouette in camera lcd in extreme day light, was like collared dove which lots of them were present around.
I just found it's something different from collared ones, when I got back to the camp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back