• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Willow Warbler or Chiffchaff please ? (2 Viewers)

10ForCash

United Kingdom
Sorry for the poor photos, taken through the window !
Now I think Willow Warbler because of the pale legs, the longer primary projection and the unevenly spaced primary tips but then I look at another angle and I think possible Chiffchaff, I'm still learning and trying to get might head around these two warblers. All Photos are the same bird. Thanks for any help 🙏 1000050296.jpg1000050294.jpg1000050300.jpg

Are the toes of a chiffchaff always dark along with legs ? Willow Warbler generally have paler legs but this one in the photo has darker legs but because the toes are lighter that's another good I.d for Willow Warbler? Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back