• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

You Have Got To See This! (1 Viewer)

monkeyman

Aviate. Navigate. Communicate.
Check out February's Birdwatching pp2-3! Our Nigel has an absolutely stunning photo of a Shoveler published there!

Well done, that man!

Nigel, how about putting it here for our colonial cousins?

Al

:t:

You beat me to it Monkeyman, I just logged on to post a comment. Mine arrived this morning too - in fact Birdwatch and Birdwatching which is a first !

Superb shot Nigel :t:

Hey you guys, how come you got the mags when we ain't? I thought they came out thursday, mmmm a conspiracy methinks!

It just shows what good taste is shown in photography..
Congratulations again Nigel!

Andrew said:
Hey you guys, how come you got the mags when we ain't? I thought they came out thursday, mmmm a conspiracy methinks!

Andrew,

That's the advantage of taking out a sub - they arrive by post earlier than they appear in the shops.

Robin

PS: It is a superb photo.

Hi and many thanks to you all, I hav'nt seen it yet myself, though I did know it was due in there, I think there is also my pix of Waxwing and Ivory Gull in that issue too!

I have attached the Shoveler picture, plus a blown up section of the head and open bill so that those friends of ours dotted around this globe know what we are on about.

Attachments

• shoveler-bwm.jpg
    shoveler-bwm.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 439
That head close-up is amazing - if just that had been shown, I don't think I could have identified the bird from that angle.

Tony

Nigel that photo is gorgeous, especially the close-up of the head showing his comb-like teeth. What a schnozz he has. Thanks for posting it for us 'colonial couzins' over the big pond. Makes me want spring now! Congratulations from one of the many small dots around the globe.

Nigel

I think you have surpassed yourself with this one. You have revealed the sort of detail I never thought possible. That's an award winner, I reckon!

From another dot around the globe that is the first look at this particular bird. Man what a mouth full it has and a beak of all beaks. I quite like it and think were I to see this bird I should be quite pleased. Great shot Nigel, thanks for posting this for us.

I too have been fortunate enough to see your pic in BirdWatching, Nigel.

Absolutely stunning!

Top photo my son!! I've added it to my picture library (for ref. perso bien sur). Actually, I already knew your work before joining the forum, I've got loads of your pics from the last couple of years from various sites on the WWW. As for BirdWatching, I've got a sub but won't get it for at least another fortnight. After all I'm on "the continent", dontcha know!!!

Fantastic pic Nigel.
I didn't realise that the dabblers have these filaments!. Bit like whales really, but a bit smaller, and live in fresh water, and have feathers, but you know what I mean.
I was going to ask why the Pic in birdwatching is so much clearer and brighter, but I thought a bit. Guess that due to compression?.

Well done!.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back