• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Warranty ? (1 Viewer)

Can anyone give any feedback on Zeiss's warranty and service ?

In north america, zeiss has a life time warranty.
In China and other parts of the world, previously, there is a 30 year warranty, in the first 5 years, free labor and parts. The newest policy is a 10 years warranty, free laber and parts. I sent my dialyt 742 to zeiss for service by my dealer last month, I am still waiting for any possible repair cost quotation...

The Zeiss warranty is transferrable to another owner, if you sell it. You may need to contact Zeiss and inform them of the sale to make this official, but I'm not sure that's necessary.
Ron

Zeiss USA service comment

Sent my 12 year old Zeiss 8x30 Classic in for service on May 11, because the hinge had gotten more sloppy than I wanted.
Just received it back, looks and feels pristine.

Work order list: replaced the eye cups; lubricated focus and seals; tightened hinge; cleaned optics; reset focus and alignement.

No charge.

Very satisfactory performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back