• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto 200 Head? (1 Viewer)

lima

Haven't seen much on the 200 Head. It was recommended, by shop, over the 501 as it's much lighter and carries a bigger load than 700RC. He says it's very smooth and he uses it for filming motor bike racing so thinks it would be suitable. Only weighs 0.65kg. Has anyone here used one? Is it worth getting a sliding plate or micropositioning plate for when the camera is attached? I've read in some thread that it's almost impossible to avoid the scope tipping under wgt of camera with a 128.
Lima

lima said:
Haven't seen much on the 200 Head. It was recommended, by shop, over the 501 as it's much lighter and carries a bigger load than 700RC. He says it's very smooth and he uses it for filming motor bike racing so thinks it would be suitable. Only weighs 0.65kg. Has anyone here used one? Is it worth getting a sliding plate or micropositioning plate for when the camera is attached? I've read in some thread that it's almost impossible to avoid the scope tipping under wgt of camera with a 128.
Lima

I have used both 128 and 200, and believe me, the 128 leaves the 200 for dead. The 200 is a plastic device and it shows.

Clive

I've got a 200 but mainly use the 700c now. The 200 is fine for light-to-medium weight scopes but I'm suprised anyone should recommend it for camera/digiscoping use

Sean

dogfish said:
I've got a 200 but mainly use the 700c now. The 200 is fine for light-to-medium weight scopes but I'm suprised anyone should recommend it for camera/digiscoping use

Sean
Thanks Sean and Clive
I wonder if it is a different 200 because he quoted it's max. load as 4.5kg which is much more than 700?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back