• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3021 vs 3221 (1 Viewer)

Godana

I'm looking to get a Nikon FS III ED 60mm, and can't decide which tripod to get. A popular combo seems to be a Bogen 3021 with the 3130 head. But I'm also considering the 3221 for extra stability, but don't know if it's really needed. I've read the FS III 60 is pretty light. Of course, there will always be a trade-off between stability and weight, so I'd like to hear from you other FS 60 folks out there. In your opinion, is the 3021 a good match or do I need the extra weight (6.2 vs 5.0 lbs) of the 3221 for stability?

Thank you for your feedback.

Godana said:
I'm looking to get a Nikon FS III ED 60mm, and can't decide which tripod to get. A popular combo seems to be a Bogen 3021 with the 3130 head. But I'm also considering the 3221 for extra stability, but don't know if it's really needed. I've read the FS III 60 is pretty light. Of course, there will always be a trade-off between stability and weight, so I'd like to hear from you other FS 60 folks out there. In your opinion, is the 3021 a good match or do I need the extra weight (6.2 vs 5.0 lbs) of the 3221 for stability?

Thank you for your feedback.

I just checked the UK Manfrotto codes against the Bogen codes.
Bogen 3021 = Manfrotto 055CL
Bogen 3221 = Manfrotto 055NAT3

Either of these tripods will go well with the Fieldscope. If you intend to use the scope in windy conditions the extra weight of the 3221 will give greater stability.

I have looked at the 3221 ( 055NAT3 ) and its a nice bit of kit and would be my personal preference.

Don

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back