• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Legend 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Lilybeans

I've spent the weekend with my new 8x32's and so far, I think they are a nice binocular.

I was looking for something more compact than my 7x50 porro's, which, while nice, are big and heavy. I wanted something that I could take into the woods and something that wouldn't break the bank.

The binos give a nice sharp picture. I haven't seen any artifacts, though I tried to. The field of view is certainly adequate. In this price range I tried the Nikins, but Nikons have never fit me well. I also tried the Leupold Katmais, which were nice, but didn't seem any better but cost more.

The two things that sold me on the Legends were the waterproofing and Rainguard. Our woods can be wet at times, and waterproofing is important to me. I love Rainguard. It works as advertised on my rifle scopes. Fantastic stuff.

The eye relief is fine for me, and I wear glasses. No problems at all. Interestingly, I have to extend the eyecups one click in order to use them. With the eyecups all the way down, my glasses are too close to the oculars.

The rubber armoring is nice-and provides a sure grip. This will be important in the winter when the gloves get snow on them. All in all, I think it's a nice set uo fir under $250.

The two things that sold me on the Legends were the waterproofing and Rainguard. Our woods can be wet at times, and waterproofing is important to me. I love Rainguard. It works as advertised on my rifle scopes. Fantastic stuff.

It's interesting that you should mention this as my experience is somewhat different. I have always liked Bushnell products (their higher-end stuff at least) because I feel they give some of the most "bang for the buck." I have had numerous Bushnell optics with RainGaurd (including 10x26 and 8x32 Legend binoculars, 10x42 porro prism Discoverer binoculars, 10x43 Elite binoculars and 2.5x doubler, a 20-60x80 Elite spotting scope, and an Elite 3200 riflescope - I still have all the Elite products) and have never found any real useable advantage in the RainGaurd coatings. They certainly have not kept my optics clear and useable when others' were fogged.

I still like and will continue to buy Bushnell products but, not for the RainGaurd.

Never did get to see those, they were on my list of 8x32s to check out. They are among a small number of phase coated 8x32s available for under 300. They also made a 9x25, but the fov was smallish. It is discontinued.

OK, now I have seen. I approve. About same as Monarch 8x36, maybe even a bit better, but the two are close.

Iused them in the northern New England Woods this past weekend. The weather went from hot to cold, and rain to sun to rain. They worked great! Plenty bright and sharp, and the size is nice for me. I'm very happy with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back