• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

newbie (2 Viewers)

sborth

hi all
my name is Steve i live in Billingham, cleveland, since coming out of work a couple of years ago due to health problems, i have taken a new interest in both birding and photography, i am trying to combine the two whenever possible, any help anyone can give me in the future would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Steve

Hi Steve and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you'll get plenty of information and advice here and I'll look forward to seeing your pictures in the Gallery

D

Hi Steve,

Welcome aboard - my CV is pretty similar to yours. Must be the Billingham air ;)

We've quite a few members from this area many of whom contribute to this thread - Durham Birding - it covers anything north of the River Tees as far as the Tyne. As you can see from the link in my signature I'm often over at Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park which can be pretty good for bird photos. I look forward to meeting up sometime :t:

thanks for the welcome Ian, i have seen some of your photo's and im very impressed, i would like to meet up at cowpen some time and pick your brains in both birding and photography. i go there a couple of times a week, weather permitting! next visit tomorrow morning.

Hi Steve. welcome to BirdForum.Enjoy yourself here. Please feel free to join in whenever you feel like it.

thanks for the welcome Ian, i have seen some of your photo's and im very impressed, i would like to meet up at cowpen some time and pick your brains in both birding and photography. i go there a couple of times a week, weather permitting! next visit tomorrow morning.

I may even see you over there in the morning. I usually get there c.9.30am and wander over to the main pond. Depends on the weather though - hopefully it won't be too windy. Else Sat. mornings are my other usual day weather permitting.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back