• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scythebill v 13.5.0 (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I just installed the latest version and my IOC list has an added species, how can I find which it is?

I've looked at the IOC updates on their own site and nothing is there that I've seen?

Andy

Scythebill doesn't make that as easy as it perhaps should; the problem's been that any one version of Scythebill only keeps around the current taxonomy, and doesn't have access to the earlier one (so it can't compute the difference).

There were a few IOC mappings I hadn't nailed down and improved in this release - around Quailfinch, Cape White-eye, and Temotu Whistler - though I don't think any of those should have actually been user-visible problems in anything like species count. (The issues were pretty subtle.)

Scythebill doesn't make that as easy as it perhaps should; the problem's been that any one version of Scythebill only keeps around the current taxonomy, and doesn't have access to the earlier one (so it can't compute the difference).

There were a few IOC mappings I hadn't nailed down and improved in this release - around Quailfinch, Cape White-eye, and Temotu Whistler - though I don't think any of those should have actually been user-visible problems in anything like species count. (The issues were pretty subtle.)

Thanks,
maybe a comparison of the two csv files side by side is the only way?

Andy

If you can get them to excel and then use the =exact(cell1;cell2) formula to give a true/false answer you'll soon find what's astray

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back