• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does E-bird take the place of listing software? (1 Viewer)

lvn600

Everyone's been talking about e-bird. There has been requests from various organizations for people to log in their sightings on e-bird. My question is-Can you use e-bird in place of your own personal birding software.-It seems to be too much to do both.-thanks

e-bird

lvn600 said:
Everyone's been talking about e-bird. There has been requests from various organizations for people to log in their sightings on e-bird. My question is-Can you use e-bird in place of your own personal birding software.-It seems to be too much to do both.-thanks

Hello.

Yes .e-bird has a new section called Myebird where you can keep your lists.

darrell neufeld

borealowl47 said:
Hello.

Yes .e-bird has a new section called Myebird where you can keep your lists.

Yeah, but you actually have to enter the sightings. You can't just check-off birds, you have to enter a date, specific location, and several other things. If you want to use Ebird to just keep track of your lists don't use it. If you have kept good notes, and are diligent about entering sightings, and want other people to be able to use your data it works great. I especially like to use it for county lists.
Here's a basic explanation on how Ebird works:

http://ebird.org/content/about/whatisebird.html

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back